Meri-K Appy on the Today Show
- Handbook on Firesetting in Youth
by David Kolko More Info
- Firesetting Children: Risk Assessment and Treatment
by George Sakheim and Elizabeth Osborn More Info
- Drawn to the Flame: Assessment and Treatment of Juvenile Firesetting
by Robert Stadolnik More Info
- Understanding the Arsonist: From Assessment to Confession
by Dian Williams More Info
- Brandon Residential Treatment Center has been a leader in the development of residential assessment and treatment services for boys involved in dangerous or reckless firesetting behavior.
- The Center for Arson Research has a three-pronged mission: 1. Identification and assessment of individuals known or suspected of firesetting and firebombing behavior. 2. Education and training of those individuals whom, by discipline or position, engage with arsonists or fire bombers in mental health settings, court rooms, parole and probation departments, police and fire departments, or/and the school environment. 3. Development of original and ongoing research into the dynamics of firesetting and fire bombing behavior in persons age three years through adolescence.
- Rebekah Doley. A mental health professional who has been exploring the mind and behaviour of deliberate firesetters across several continents over many years. This website represents part of his overall philosophy, which is to keep his work practically focused and directed towards helping to address this problem in our communities.
- Fire F.R.I.E.N.D.S. is a program that provides free behavioral healthcare assessment and consultation services for youth. Many behavioral health care professionals are not trained to deal with juvenile firesetting, but the professional staff at Fire F.R.I.E.N.D.S. are leaders in this area and can provide help for you and your family.
- The Arson Prevention Program for Children (TAPP-C) is a program for children and adolescents who have played with fire or set fires, including such things as playing with matches or lighters, burning paper or garbage, performing lighter “tricks,” intentionally setting fire to buildings, or making bombs.
- FirePsych, Inc. is a private psychology practice that specializes in the assessment, treatment, and study of irresponsible and dangerous firesetting behavior in children, adolescents, and adults. The practice actively conducts research, delivers skill-based trainings, and completes comprehensive firesetting behavior assessments.
- Dr. David Kolko is a leading researcher in juvenile firesetting and other related disorders of children and adolescents.
- Bingham Child Guidance Center. This site and related manual are provided to professional firefighters, parents, community leaders, mental health professionals, and other concerned parties as a tool to use when aiming to address the problem of at-risk children who are exhibiting fire setting behaviors.
- Hot Issues is a quarterly newsletter of information and ideas for those concerned about juveniles with fire. It is published by the Oregon Office of the State Fire Marshal. Please submit news, announcements, articles, suggestions or resources for review to Hot Issues.
- Campus Firezone is an excellent medium to reach professionals directly responsible for campus administration, management and operation of fire and life safety programs, as well as fire & government officials from college communities. With a direct circulation to approximately 15,000 college and university professionals, and a known redirect in excess of 20,000 additional recipients, Campus Firezone is a great way to share information.
- Dr. Kathy Seifert, a forensic psychologist, brings her distinctive perspective to research into the minds of violent criminals. Through her 30 years of research into the causes of sexual abuse, drug addiction, murder, gangs, domestic abuse, and rape, she has identified the key childhood, family risk, and skill factors causing young people to grow up into violent adults.
- Expanding Your Assessment Toolbox -Bradley Jackson, Ph.D. The Children’s Hospital, Aurora, CO and Robert Stadolnik, Ed.D. FirePsych, Inc/Brandon School, Medway, MA
- Visitors are invited to post information on assessment practices or developments in the field. Additionally, questions regarding assessment practices can be posted for response and feedback from our Mental Health Contributors Board.
- Visitors are invited to post information on treatment practices or developments in the field. Additionally, questions regarding treatment and intervention practices can be posted for response and feedback from our Mental Health Contributors Board.
Have Helpful Tools you would like to share with the MatchBook Community? Submit them here.